If you’re interested in bodybuilding and fitness, you will most probably have already heard hundreds of thousands of theories that are trying to answer the question every beginner is asking: how big can you get without steroids? When it comes to natural bodybuilding vs. steroids, it is really easy to get confused, mostly because almost every professional bodybuilder is having a different philosophy related to the topic. However, the truth that everyone comes to eventually is that the potential and the size of your body depends mostly on a couple of factors such as:
So let’s dive in deeper to the topic and try to reveal the truth about the way all anabolic steroids, proper nutrition and good workout plans can impact your physique.
Are steroids the best way to gain muscle fast?
While it is relatively hard to define anabolic steroids as “the very best way to gain muscle fast”, it is a fact that steroids can actually make you impressively big and massive even if you don’t train at all. A well-combined stack of anabolic steroids can turn even the laziest man who doesn’t even know how a gym looks like into a muscular monster that basically looks like the human version of Hulk.
And although a really good workout plan can help you achieve impressive results indeed, we can confirm one thing for sure: you cannot get as big as a professional bodybuilder without taking anabolic steroids or other kinds of anabolic supplements, no matter how much time you spend at the gym and how hard you invest in your goal. If you look closer, you will realize for sure that even top-performing athletes that workout for several hours a day don’t have the “beasty” look that most bodybuilders have. However, the good news is that this shouldn’t discourage you right away. In fact, if you’re asking yourself “can you get big without steroids” – the answer is actually “Yes!”. Following a strict diet plan and sticking to high-quality workout routine might get you incredibly close to the desired results by having a great impact on your physique. You just have to be prepared that it may take a bit longer than it would with steroids. And by “strict diet plan” we don’t mean the hyper high-calorie diets that you’re probably hearing about everywhere, but a proper nutrition plan designed according to your goals and your body’s needs. Just eating lots of food will help you get big in a way that you’ll definitely dislike. So, if gaining lean mass is a part of your goal, make sure to find a good balance between protein, fat and carbohydrates intake in order to achieve it faster.
It also should be noted that although being consistent in eating and in working out is a crucial factor for your success, it is hardly possible to predict how big exactly a man can get. And actually, there are a couple of methods could make relatively close predictions. In fact, research of Francis Holway claims that there is a direct connection between the bone structure in the body and the potential muscle gain. Furthermore, according to Holway’s study, most of the athletes can get around five pounds of muscle for every pound of bone they have in their body. But as good as it may sound you should keep in mind that measuring your bone structure is actually not so easy if not impossible without professional technique. Still, there are a lot of other theories based on the connection between the size of your ankles and wrists and the bone structure (like the one of Casey Butt for example), that can help you analyze the potential of your body.
How to tell if someone is on steroids?
While it might be really easy in some cases to see the difference between an athlete with natural body and a bodybuilder who’s on steroids, it is not so easy to recognize it in an average person, especially if he is first starting. And even though most athletes have tried different anabolic substances at least once in their lives, the internet is full of people that are “against” the usage of such substances and even swear by their negative effects. However, this doesn’t mean that they don’t take them to achieve or maintain great results. Like already mentioned, natural changes in the body happen a lot slower than the ones triggered by steroids. That’s why if someone manages to improve their physique significantly within a couple of weeks, you can consider this as a sign that he is most probably on steroids. Of course, there are lots of other unscientific signs that can confirm the use of steroids. And the fun fact is that they are most frequently connected to the negative side effects of steroids such as:
- Rapid mood swings and aggressive behaviour
- Skin problems
- Increased appetite
- Increased sexual drive etc.
What are the Best Steroids for Mass?
When it comes to steroids, Testosterone is probably the first word that comes to your mind. And for a good reason. Testosterone is the hormone that is responsible for muscle growth and strength in the body. Unfortunately, the production of testosterone decreases as we get older (nearly 1% per year, after the age of 30). This results in body fat increase, fragile bones, a decrease of muscle mass and lack of strength etc. Because of its crucial role in the human’s body, it is not a surprise that so many men decide to give testosterone a try at a certain point of their lives.
Many studies suggest that taking testosterone might support muscle growth, even without exercises. That’s why some of the most popular steroids that are proven to be extremely effective are based on testosterone. Not only this but when taking testosterone, the body starts to recover faster which also results in a boost of the overall performance. Along with testosterone, there are a couple of other different steroids that are considered to be the best when it comes to the best way to gain miscle fast:
- Dianabol – considered as one of the most effective anabolic steroids available on the market, Dianabol will bring the desired results in no time. This oral steroid boosts instantly the power by speeding up the protein and the glycogen synthesis. However, it should be noted that despite all the great benefits that Dianabol can have on the body, it may also cause a couple of negative side effects too, especially if overdosed. Like almost every other oral steroid, Dianabol might have a toxic effect on the liver and can lead to high blood pressure and water retention. In order to avoid such unpleasant side effects, you should not take Dianabol for more than 4 to 6 weeks.
- Trenbolone – great for both cutting and bulking, Trenbolone is one of the most popular anabolic steroids of all times. Unlike testosterone, trenbolone does not cause water retentions. Still, there are other negative side effects like frequently mood changes, aggression and insomnia that may occur when taking this steroid. Although Trenbolone is available in oral and injectable form, most bodybuilders prefer to administrate it through an injection in the body. Due to its strong action, it is also not suitable for beginners.
- Anadrol – when it comes to muscle mass and size, Anadrol is another extremely popular drug in the bodybuilding community. Some bodybuilders even claim that Anadrol is up to 4 times more powerful than Testosterone itself. This anabolic substance is available in oral form only and it is perfect if your goal is to gain lean muscle mass quick and easy. Still, like Dianabol, Anadrol can be really harmful to the liver. That’s why it is not recommended to exceed the dosage or the length of the cycle when taking this drug. If taken as prescripted, Anadrol is considered as one of the best steroids for size that can be found on the market.
As a conclusion we can only say that even though it is relatively hard to guess how big can you get without steroids, dedication and hard work always pay off. So whether you’ll choose to give steroids a try or to go all natural, just stay consistent with your goals and you’ll be happy with the results.